The Monroe Professional Engineers Society provides scholar awards to high school seniors from high schools within the counties that comprise the Chapter’s region. Students must plan to attend college to pursue a degree in an ABET accredited engineering program. The Scholar Award is based on academic achievement, participation in scholastic and out of school activities, work experience, and volunteer/community service activities. Scholar awards are sponsored by local companies and organizations. The following is a list of past awards, their amounts, and sponsor preferences:
- Paul and Claire Raynor Scholarship (Sponsored by MPES): $2,500
- Vastola Scholarship (Sponsored by MPES): $2,000
- Bergmann Associates Scholarship: $2,500 (civil, environmental, mechanical, electrical engineering)
- Erdman Anthony Scholarship: $2,000 (civil, environmental, mechanical, electrical engineering)
- Alstom Signaling Inc. Scholarship: $2,000
- Optimation Technology Scholarship: $2,000 (mechanical, electrical, computer engineering)
- American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC): $2,000
- David Lazzar Scholarship: $2,000
The scholar award program also provides copies of applications to the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) where the applicants indicate interest in attending RIT to study electrical or computer engineering. RIT reviews the applications and directly awards the Edward J. Ries Memorial Scholarship.
We encourage all seniors who are interested in engineering to review the scholar award application and apply if they meet the minimum requirements of 600/500 Math/Critical Reading SAT’s, 29/25 Math/English ACT’s, and 85 or 3.0 GPA. Applications are available starting October of each year and are due in December. Please see the application for the specific due date.
Download The Application
Click the following link to download the application document which is in MS Doc file format: MPES Scholarship Application 2020